I was hoping to do my first post of the year right on January 1st, but I've been way too exhausted to come up to our office to blog.
Looking back at 2011, I have to say it was a really good year. It started off a little rough since we had been TTC for a year at that point and I was laid off at this time last year as well. I remember having my self-worth completely wrapped up into being a teacher and feeling like crap that I wasn't doing that anymore, even though I have always HATED being a teacher. As the months rolled on, I began applying for jobs and J and I got more serious about moving towards IF treatments. I did a medicated cycle in May but ended with a BFN, and started another medicated cycle in June. Somewhere in the beginning of that cycle, thanks to the recommendation of the girls on TB and especially that of my girl, T, I decided to move forward with an IUI. It has been the single, best decision of my life as I found out on July 1 that I was pregnant. On July 1st, I also was offered a teaching position! Talk about a great day.
Once again, things have changed and definitely for the better. I just made 30 weeks into my pregnancy on December 31st and on December 23rd, I resigned from my teaching position. So, as I closed 2011 and began this new year, I feel extremely fortunate that I'm about to do what I've wanted to do for a long time...become a full time wife and mother. Yes, I do have dreams of eventually going into Counseling Psychology but being a wife and mother is the one thing I have wanted just as much. I'm really happy that J has been so extremely supportive of me, and even insisted that I stay home. Now, when I say insist, I don't mean that in a macho, chauvinistic way AT ALL, instead he's been quietly observing my dislike for teaching and my stress, and offered me the opportunity to do something that I truly would enjoy. I feel very lucky to be his wife, and yes, I take hold of that even when he's getting on my LAST nerve, lol.
If I were to say that I'm excited for 2012, it would be a huge understatement. I want to wish you all a FANTASTIC 2012. I hope that all you're working for and dreaming of comes true...
xoxo,
T
Consumption 20
8 hours ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment