I'm very, very overwhelmed right now! Baby C is treating me pretty well and it's awesome feeling he/she move but aside from that and my marriage, I'm just over everything.
I'm about 2 weeks away from my last day at Last School. I finally pulled the trigger and turned in my resignation signed for December 23rd. This is a huge step, but it's necessary...being a teacher is killing my soul slowly. I know, I know that sounds totally dramatic, but I swear that teaching has been my biggest mistake and my biggest regret to date. I'm totally the poster child for making bad career decisions. As I get closer to my last day, I just get more and more antsy and annoyed whenever anything "extra" is required of me at work. For example, my AP just came up with the bright idea that she should observe me this week. Can anyone tell me what the fuck for?! Hello lady, I'm done in 2 weeks!!!!! The way I'm feeling this can go either way. I can give it my all and leave her brokenhearted over my departure or I can blow it and show them that I don't really care. I think the latter is a bad idea but it's tempting. I'm trying to keep it together because I want to apply to grad school next year, and I figure if I leave on good terms I can at least get a letter of recommendation out of this nightmare.
As excited and relieved as I am to finally leave teaching behind, I'm also terrified. Let's face it, a 2-income household is usually much better than a 1-income household. There's more financial freedom and more room to get the extras that we all love to have. I am very thankful that J is such an amazing, responsible, and hard-working husband but at the same time, I do worry that maybe he won't be able to handle all of this. It's weird, deep down inside I know he'll move heaven and earth to provide for us but I guess not having that bi-weekly check does scare me somewhat. Either way, I would have to quit since I got screwed out of FMLA after being laid off last year, but I'm quitting much more sooner than we planned.
Either way I see it, I need to make a sacrifice. I can either stay in teaching until Baby C is here, or I can quit now. If I stay, I'm sacrificing my physical and mental health; if I leave, I'm somewhat sacrificing our finances. What's more important? How do you choose?! I'm not sure if it's a justification or not but I'm choosing to think that I can't replace my physical and mental health, but there are always ways to make extra money.
Any opinions?
1099th Friday Blog Roundup
8 hours ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment