Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wow, so much to update!!

I've been away for a while, and even though every day I meant to get up to our office and blog, I just never found the time.  I'm going to have to divide my post into IF/Baby updates and "everyday life" updates!

TTC/IF/Baby News
Cycle 10 started on Friday and I went in on Monday to get my CD3 b/w and u/s.  Of course, J came with me and that always makes me feel better.  I did my u/s, and everything looked good.  I had a really good u/s tech and she explained everything that was going on.  I love everything that has to do with health care, so when I'm always very interested in what's going on.  After my u/s, I did my b/w and that quick and painless.  While I was waiting to get called for b/w though, I met someone that had success with IVF at the clinic that I go to.  I know from the convo's on TB, most people get a bit annoyed when there are babies or children at their RE's office, but I actually don't mind.  In this particular case, the lady started talking to me and she was just so encouraging.  She was telling me how her little daughter was an IVF success story, and that I shouldn't get discouraged.  It made me feel SO much better and it put me in a good mood.

We got home and I got the call from my nurse that everything was within normal limits, so I was able to start Clomid.  I'm doing Follistim Saturday and Sunday, I come  in Monday morning for monitoring, then they'll let me know when to trigger.  They'll also let me know when J and I can officially do the nasty, lol, but really, we don't need much help in that area!  Then I come in 7dpo for a Progesterone draw and another week later for a pregnancy beta draw.  Doesn't it all sound so effortless?!  I'm super nervous though, and really, really (like too much) excited!  My birthday is May 7, so it be so fucking awesome if I actually got pregnant on my birthday or right before!!! 

On other TTC news, this week I was able to see the positive in all this mess.  I got the call from the fertility pharmacy to go over my meds, info, and shipping and realized just how fortunate I am even if I'm going through all this drama to get KU.  Out of a possible cost of over $800 for these meds, my OOP (out-of-pocket) cost was $40!!!!  Let me just say that I'm super thankful for J's kick-ass insurance!  Yea, I'm not happy we're having trouble getting pregnant, but not having such an expensive OOP cost does lessen the blow a little bit.

Everyday Life Update
Last Tuesday I went with one of my BFF's and her friend to the concert of the one and only...RICKY MARTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea, I really need all of those exclamation marks!  I swear I am still so geeked and goosebumpy a whole week after the fact.  You know, like every good Puerto Rican girl, I grew up being in love with Ricky.  I've loved him through Menudo, Les Miserables, General Hopsital and I don't care how gay he is or isn't, I will love him and lust after him until the end of my days. :-P

The concert was just so awesome.  He had lost me a little when he did his English cross-over a few years ago, but he played a lot of his older more romantic songs, and some of the high-energy stuff and it was a great mix.

All in all, it's been a great couple of weeks.  I have a possible job interview tomorrow, but I sent an email to the interviewer with a question and depending on the answer, I might need to cancel.  We'll see...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Kiss My Sass. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase