Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

So, what else is new?

I'm a bad blogger!  I wish I updated more often, since I do like to write, but I haven't felt like it lately.

Hmmm, so what has been new?  I went (finally) to NYC a few weeks ago with my good friend B!  It was so much fun, and being there reminded me just how much I love New York.  It was a quick trip, since we arrived on Saturday and I flew back on Monday, but it was a nice getaway.  I'm very fortunate that my cousin offered up his (beautiful) condo in Brooklyn, and he happened to be out of town, so B and I were able to have it all to ourselves.

Other than that, everything is pretty much the same on the TTC and job front.  Big fat no's for both, lol!  At least with TTC, there seems to be some progress.  I went in last Thursday for my CD3 b/w and u/s, which will help us get a plan in place for next cycle.  I'm kind of confused by my b/w, though.  It ended up that I have 3 fibroids and polycystic ovaries.  That's not necessarily shocking because I knew about both, but the b/w was normal.  None of the levels were too high, or too low... I guess expecting more of a PCOS-specific b/w result, but no.  Right now, the next step is to be on BCPs, which I started today, and schedule a saline u/s.  From what I've been reading, the saline u/s is similar to an HSG, and we all remember what joy that was, no?

As far as work, I've been applying, but nothing has panned out.  I'm trying to be positive and not stress about it, but it's hard.  Financially, we're starting to feel the crunch, and we're discussing whether we should put TTC on hold.  At least this cycle, we're on BCPs, so nothing needs to be stopped, but when we head towards the end, then we'll need to make a decision.  In all honesty, we could continue TTC, but I aways envisioned our financial situation much different than this.  I always thought that we'd be able to be a bit more extravagant with our baby purchases and if we continue like this, I'll feel like we'd have to be more limited.  I really want to enjoy planning for our future LO, and I don't want to be robbed of that experience because we're worried about money.  It might not seem like a good enough reason to stop TTC for some, but I don't want J and I to struggle financially, much less struggle with a baby on the way.  I'm hoping that I'll finally catch a break and the cards will just fall in place, I'll find a job and we can continue TTC without skipping a beat.  My friend RF gave me some spiritual prayer to do, and even though I'm agnostic, at this point, I'm ready to try anything.

Something's gotta give...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Kiss My Sass. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase