I always knew that weight/diet played an important part in fertility, but I think for the first time, I'm really thinking about how it's hurting my chances to get pregnant. I'm ashamed to admit that I'm pretty overweight, and weigh nearly 100 lbs. more than I did when I met J. YIKES! It hurts to see that in black and white!!!! I think it's a mix of things like being on BCP's and all these unnecessary hormones. I'm tempted to say it has to do with PCOS, but even though I have some of the signs, I can't remember if there was actual bloodwork done for it or not. Until I get some "proof," I'm reluctant to say that has something to do with my weight.
While I've never really been an insecure person, in the last few years, I've been less than happy about my appearance. I've felt frumpy, and since J is such a homebody, I haven't really had to dress up much and when I was working, I wore cargo pants or khakis to work and whatever top. I mean, really, I was teaching all day and just wanted to be comfortable to move around with my kids. Now that J and I are TTC, this is the first time in a very long time that I'm really thinking about my weight and how it's impacting my life. I kind of feel at a loss for what to do right now. Do I step back from all treatment and really hit this weight issue head on? Or, do I do both? I'm hoping that I can have a very honest convo with the RE Wednesday, and come up with a plan where I can begin a real weight-loss effort while continuing treatment. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have thought so much of my weight for the appointment until I saw their form about BMI's and how they make you sign a waiver if you choose to continue treatment while overweight. It was all very sobering and it smacked me like a ton of bricks.
I need to make a conscious effort to lose some weight and get healthy. No more excuses...
1099th Friday Blog Roundup
8 hours ago



1 comments:
Sometimes identifying a problem is the first step in solving it. I know you'll make the best decision for yourself and need no input from outsiders. I wish you luck with the issue of your weight and I understand your strong desire to be a mother. Hugs and blessings...Mary
Post a Comment