Well, my HSG was on Monday and it was seriously the MOST PAINFUL experience I've ever had. I don't want to scare anyone that might be reading and might need one in the future, but I'm just being honest.
We got ready on Monday and made the drive down to NMH. I'm usually running late, but I know that I wanted to be as relaxed as possible, so I made sure to have everything done early so we could arrive with plenty of time. We made it up to the Outpatient Radiology, and got called pretty quickly to fill out the paperwork. It seemed like 5 minutes later they were getting me to go into the procedure. I had a very nice OB/Gyn. I hadn't met her before, but she's part of the office that I go to. She talked me through the procedure and explained every step, but really nothing can prepare you for how it feels. I've had Pap Smears before, so I know how the speculum feels, but this was more like a really bad pinching. Then, she inserted the catheter, which was not too bad, and told me to get ready for the contrast to be inserted. When it first started it wasn't too bad, but when she completely filled my uterus and tubes, I really thought I was going to pass out. It felt kind of like a really bad menstrual cramp, but much worse. It's almost like your ute is going to explode inside of you, and right when you're about ready to pass out in agony, it's all over! I won't lie, I was whimpering as much as I tried not to be a wimp.
Even though I was in a lot of pain, I still managed to see what was going on in the X-Ray screen. I'm really glad I spent sometime looking at HSG images on Sunday, because I was able to recognize everything. It looked absolutely clear, like a perfectly shaped, flattened triangle, with semi-rounded edges. I wasn't able to recognize my fallopian tubes, but I heard someone say that the contrast was flowing out of both! After the procedure, the OB talked to me about what my next steps are, and she even recommended an RE for me! Apparently, she knows one of the RE's at the clinic that I'm looking into, and she had a lot of positive things to say about him. Then she told me that my regular OB would be back in March, and that I'd be pregnant by the time she comes back to the office! It was such a nice thing for her to say. I mean, it totally gets my hopes up (like they weren't already?!?!), but it makes me feel very positive about everything.
I talked to my nurse at the OB's office today and she gave me the "official" ALL CLEAR and told me to go ahead and schedule with the recommended RE. Ahhh!! It's been a long time since I've felt this positive about TTC. Knowing that J is all normal, and that I'm all clear really does a lot for my peace of mind. I feel that now, more than ever, I really need to take care of my health and make sure that I'm making healthy eating choices. Obviously, there is something keeping me from O'ing and I'm ready to admit that my weight could very well be a factor in all of this. Maybe it is, and maybe it isn't, but I want to do all I can on my end to make this happen.
Here's to more good TTC news in the coming weeks!
1099th Friday Blog Roundup
8 hours ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment