Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's never been as clear as it was today...

"Babies come to women who are not emotionally or physically ready for them.  They come to women who do not want them.  They come to teenagers or drug abusers or alcoholics.  Babies are not gifts for a life well lived.  The ability to create life is not a reward for making the right decisions and being a "good" person.  They are simply a scientific phenomenon in which sperm meets egg and life begins.  And that science pays no attention to a universal, purely human sense of what is right and just."

I saw this today in Tomorrow Is Another Day, which is a new blog that I started following.  I've heard this sentiment before, but for some reason, the way she states it seems so deep to me.  The part in bold is what spoke to me the most.  When you're dealing with IF, you ask yourself, "Why not me?" so many times: however, there's no answer.  I never understood it so clearly and it was never so intense as it was today, and seeing this has allowed me to let go of some of the bitterness and anger that I've had to endure in the last year.  Dealing with IF and seeing month after month pass with an empty womb probably won't get any easier, but holding on to the statement above will definitely provide me with some sense of "peace."  I know that when we finally conceive and are holding our healthy, happy LO in our arms it will erase some of the pain...it will all be worth it that one day

1 comments:

The Fords said...

Great post, love it!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Kiss My Sass. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase