Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Moving Forward

I'm feeling pretty excited and optimistic lately!

I've decided to pursue a healthcare career in earnest, and that means really looking at the requirements for Nursing school. I enrolled in my first Anatomy & Physiology class, and I start the week of January 16. I've also decided that even if it's a huge paycut, I'm going to try my hardest to find a career in a doctor's office or similar setting. I figure that if nothing else, being in that type of environment will help me get some experience and get to know some people that might prove helpful down the line. I also noticed that I need 3 letters of recommendations for the MSN application, and I don't have anyone, so finding a job like this can probably help me in that area.

Aside from this, everything has been pretty boring at home. J is still working a ton, and trying to juggle the fire department and the airline schedule. I know that he's super stressed with our current financial situation, and I really need to buckle down and find a way to help him out. We got into a little bit of an argument though, because I need him to understand that me not going back to teaching and going back to school is something that I'm doing for our future. Yes, it will benefit me, and it makes me happy, but I'm thinking of our quality of life. Although Nursing can be a tough field, I think it can actually be more flexible that teaching would be. Not only that, but I really despised being a teacher, and I can see just how much my mood has changed since leaving. I feel happier, more hopeful, and definitely, less trapped. I also think that with our baby plans, I can work as a nurse while our babies are small, and even try and jump into Med school once they're a bit older. My ultimate goal is to become a doctor, and I feel that with Nursing, I have way more options to do that and it's closer to what I want than being stuck in a classroom all day long.

On baby news, I'm still waiting for my OB's office to send J the script for his semen analysis. We haven't talked about it much, because J doesn't want to discuss it too much, but he said that he's 100% willing to get it done. I don't think he'll ever know just how grateful I am that he's not dragging his heels about this. Once that comes in, I'm going to start taking Provera so I can get AF and schedule my necessary bloodwork, and my dreaded HSG. I'll be honest, I'm a little scared. Once the SA and HSG are done, then we'll really know what we're working with and what our options are. I'm hoping for good results on both, so we can get a real plan in place and move forward with starting our family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Kiss My Sass. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase