I had an absolutely FANTASTIC day with my love today! J took our little one (doggie) to Puppy Daycare, then came back to pick me up since we had a nice late morning/afternoon planned. Next we headed to Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) to pick up some appliances that we needed to replace. After that, we were taking a trip to the Shedd Aquarium !! It was SO much fun! We stuck to the free exhibits because we just wanted to take a little trip since it was free for today, but I'm happy that J got to go with me. He said that he had never been there before! He really liked it, and we made plans to come back and catch the premium exhibits. I really want to see their Oceanarium and the Fantasea exhibit, so I'm hoping we can come back soon.
After the Shedd, we went over to the Field Museum. We had been there before, but unfortunately, the last time we were there, I got the call from my mom that my grandfather had passed away. That was back in Fall 2009. J was getting antsy because he was hungry (::eye roll::) so we were only there for 15 minutes. We got back in the car, and decided where to go for lunch. The thing about J and I, is that we have our favorite restaurants and we hardly ever deviate to try something new. This is is something that we desperately want to change because we live in Chicago, and if you get bored in this city, it's because you want to. Since we wanted to try some new food, we decided to go to Pequod's Pizza...Ohmyfuckinggod!
Ok, so this place deserves its own paragraph so that I can sing its praises. Let me just say that J and I order pizza pretty often, but I usually avoid it because it just doesn't taste that great. We usually get thin crust, but we've also tried deep-dish, or pan, and it's always mediocre. I had heard about Pequod's before, but never bothered to stop in, and going in today was seriously the best decision ever. I mean, this is seriously the world's best fucking pizza ever in life. Yes, it's that great and HELL NO I'm not exaggerating! We got a pepperoni pan pizza, and it was so flavorful and hot with gooey cheese, and just AWESOME! Not only that, our waitress and the manager (?) were very nice and friendly, which always makes a dining experience even better. Even J said that from now on we'll be driving for pizza instead of ordering, lol!
After that awesome dining experience (lol), we picked up our little one from PD and came home. All in all, it was a pretty perfect day. No, it wasn't anything fancy, but just being able to spend time with J and do something new and talk, it's just great. We really had a chance to talk about all that we want, and I was even mentioning to him that I'm consider giving up my BMW just so I can comfortably stay home. This is the thing, in the few months that I've been home, I've really enjoyed spending time with J and not being the raging bitch that I became when I was teaching. Even though my Beemer is really my dream car, I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth giving it up just so I can go to school and be a housewife. It's one thing to go back to work once I finally get into the MSN program and graduate, but right now, nothing is going to be worth the aggravation for the little paycheck that I might get. J really didn't say anything, but I know that he thinks about me staying home and if our finances were in better shape, he'd tell me to stop looking altogether.
I guess we'll just see what happens and if anyone calls me for any interviews.
On baby news: We're still waiting on the results from J's SA. We saw so many cute babies/toddlers at the Shedd, and it's just a reminder that kids are something that we really want to pursue. I can even tell that J is way into it, because he took notes on all the questions that he needs to ask when they call with the results...awwww, he's so cute! The changes that he's made since we started dating and got married have been so wonderful. He really is a blessing and a wonderful man. I can't wait until we get his AWESOME SA results, and AF shows so I can schedule my HSG and our first RE appointment. I know that we are both ready to get the baby show on the road!
1099th Friday Blog Roundup
8 hours ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment