Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflecting...

Well, 2010 is almost over, and with every year's end, I feel that it's a time to reflect on what was great and not so great about the year. It's also a great time to think about all the things that can be changed for the upcoming year.

2010 was a year of loss for me and my family. I don't want to say that the year sucked, but if I could get a do-over, I think I'd opt for one. We lost my maternal grandmother this year, I lost two jobs, I lost a few friends (although that's probably a good thing), I lost income, and I lost the hopes of having a baby that would be conceived with no help (meds, or otherwise). I feel like this year robbed me of my sense of security, and ultimately, it robbed me of my faith.

Now, while it's easy to reflect on all these negative things, 2010 did bring some positive things. This year I learned just how supportive J really is, even in his anger. I learned that I need to watch myself, and respect my husband if I want to demand the same respect back. I learned how supportive my mom is, and how much I cherish our relationship. I learned that I'm not willing to change my morals/beliefs/ideals for ANYONE. This year I also learned that the smaller my circle of friends gets, the more I love it, and the more I trust who I surround myself with. One of the most invaluable things that I learned this year, however, is to follow my heart, no matter how scary it might be. I think when I lost my job and I rescinded G's friendship, that was the best lesson that I gathered from both of those situations.

I have high expectations of what I would like to accomplish in 2011, but I know that it will be a year of holding myself accountable. Of course there will be things that are out of my control, but I know others are attainable if I hold myself to them.

Some of my goals for 2011 are:

Personal
-have a baby (or at least get pregnant)
-have a date night with J at least three times a month
-make a girl-date with my mom at least once a month
-make a girl-date with a friend/friends at least once a month
-nurture my friendships
-read more
Health/Fitness
-make healthier food choices
-exercise at least 2 times a week
-lose weight/maintain a healthy weight during pregnancy
-develop a better sleep pattern
-keep my stress under control
-take care of my skin
Financial/Education
-make a significant dent in our debt
-make better financial choices
-make a significant contribution to our savings
-find a job that I love (or at least like)
-seriously look into grad school (study and take the GRE, apply, etc.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Kiss My Sass. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase